Spider Solitaire 2 Suits – How to Play?
Spider Solitaire is a classic card game that is popular around the world. It’s a challenging game that requires strategy and patience. The goal of the game is to create stacks of cards in descending order from King to Ace. In this guide, we will walk you through how to play Spider Solitaire with 2 suits.
Setting Up the Game
To play Spider Solitaire 2 suits, you will need two decks of cards. The game is played with 104 cards, which includes all the cards from two decks, except for the jokers. Here are the steps to set up the game:
- Shuffle the two decks of cards together.
- Deal 10 piles of cards, each containing 5 cards face down. These piles are called tableau piles.
- Deal 1 card face up on each tableau pile.
- Deal 1 more card face down on each tableau pile.
- Deal 5 cards face down in a pile to the side. This pile is called the stock pile.
- Turn the top card of the stock pile face up. This card is called the foundation card.
The game play in Spider Solitaire 2 suits is similar to the original version of Spider Solitaire. The objective is to create 8 foundation piles, each containing a complete suit of cards in descending order from King to Ace. Here are the steps to play the game:
- You can move any card from the tableau pile to another tableau pile if the card being moved is of a different color and has a value one less than the card it is being placed on.
- You can move a group of cards from one tableau pile to another tableau pile if the group being moved is of a different color and has a value that is one less than the card it is being placed on.
- You can move any card or group of cards to an empty tableau pile.
Creating Foundation Piles
- You can move an Ace to the foundation pile. Once an Ace is moved to the foundation pile, you can start building that foundation pile by placing cards of the same suit in descending order.
- You can move any card to an existing foundation pile as long as the card being moved is of the same suit and has a value one greater than the card at the top of the foundation pile.
Using the Stock Pile
- You can use the stock pile to draw one card at a time. Click on the stock pile to draw a card.
- Once you have drawn a card, you can either move it to a tableau pile or to a foundation pile.
- You can go through the stock pile as many times as you like. Once the stock pile is empty, you can click on the empty space to turn over the waste pile and use it as a new stock pile.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to help you win at Spider Solitaire 2 suits:
- Always try to create spaces in the tableau piles by moving cards to the foundation piles or to other tableau piles. This will give you more options for moving cards around.
- Try to keep the number of cards in each tableau pile as low as possible. This will make it easier to move cards around and create spaces.
- Don’t be afraid to use the undo button. Sometimes a move that seems good at the time can lead to a dead end. Use the undo button to go back and try a different move.
- Focus on creating foundation piles early in the game. This will give you more options for moving cards around and will increase your chances of winning.
- Be patient. Spider Solitaire 2 suits can be a challenging game, but with practice and patience, you can improve your skills and win more games.
Common Mistakes to Avoid
When playing Spider Solitaire 2 suits, there are some common mistakes that players make. Here are a few to avoid:
- Moving cards to tableau piles that are already full. This will limit your options for moving cards around and can lead to dead ends.
- Not creating spaces in the tableau piles. As mentioned earlier, creating spaces is important for giving you more options for moving cards around.
- Focusing too much on one tableau pile. It’s important to try to move cards around to different tableau piles to create more spaces and increase your chances of winning.
- Not using the undo button. The undo button is a useful tool for correcting mistakes and trying different strategies.
With this array of solitaire options, you can keep your card-playing experience exciting and diverse. Each game presents its own set of challenges and entertainment, allowing you to enjoy solitaire in various ways. Whether you’re a seasoned player or new to the world of solitaire, these games are sure to keep you engaged and entertained for hours.